A common question, “Should I go with an off the shelf business simulation or a custom business simulation?”
There isn’t usually a clear answer, but in general, if you answer yes to the following questions, a custom solution will usually fit better. Here goes:
How to Choose A Business Simulation
Ask yourself the following five questions:
1. Do I need to teach/demonstrate specific parts of our corporate strategy?
2. Is this part of my corporate leadership development, executive development, or strategic training program?
3. Do I need to simulate specific components of our business?
4. Is this for director or above?
5. Is this part of a corporate strategic initiative?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these three questions, you will probably find it more effective to go with a custom business simulation. This isn’t a hard analysis, but in general, these questions usually lead you down the right path to deciding between an off the shelf or a custom business simulation.
Hope this helps!